Building a Facebook Source
Before you begin…
Prior to building a Facebook Source within Integrate, you must create a Social Campaign to house your social sources and prepare the necessary info. See our “Building a Social Campaign” and "Preparing to Build a Facebook Source" articles for details before proceeding.
How to Create a Facebook Source
Within the Campaigns section, navigate to the Social Campaign you created to house this source. Select the “Add New Source” button from the top right corner to display the “Add Social Source” pop-up modal.
Enter the following details that correspond to the source you are creating:
- Facebook Page – [REQUIRED] Pulls directly from your connected & available Facebook Business Pages
- Facebook Form – [REQUIRED] Pulls directly from list of available Facebook lead gen forms within your selected Facebook Account
- Be sure these are the FINAL forms you wish to use in promotion! If you need to edit/switch forms once you have begun building within Integrate you will need to create a new Integrate Source
- Facebook note: Facebook does not pass checkbox data into the Integrate system. You will need to use a dropdown for any 'Opt-In' fields instead of a checkbox
You will then be routed to the Summary page of your newly created source! Once leads are uploaded, this is where you’ll be able to see the number of Accepted/Rejected leads and download the lead data quickly to see the results.
Give your source a custom “nickname” (Source Alias) by clicking on the bold title at the top of your source Summary page that begins with “Editing…”. This will open the editor where you can type your desired Source Alias (recommend using your Facebook Form name) and it will save automatically when you click elsewhere.
IMPORTANT: We highly recommend changing the “nickname” (Source Alias) of your new Integrate source to match the Facebook Form. This will help you identify it later on!
Navigate to the Fields tab where you’ll see the fields from your pre-selected Facebook Form have been automatically added as Integrate fields. All you need to do here is determine what available validations you would like to place on these fields.
Facebook note: Facebook does not pass checkbox data into the Integrate system. You will need to use a dropdown for any 'Opt-In' fields instead of a checkbox on your forms.
Click on a field row to open the corresponding Fields Details panel on the right-hand side and reveal the available validations for that field type. Add the validations you wish to apply to this social source to block any unwanted leads.
IMPORTANT: Any validations you apply within Integrate will block the lead from being uploaded into the platform, and mark it as “Rejected,” but will not “return” the lead to Facebook. Rejected leads will not be accepted and passed to your MA/CRM system but they will still be considered billable by Facebook.
Best Practice: Use these field validations sparingly for social sources. Only block the leads you absolutely do not want sent to you under any circumstances. Ex: Competitor email domains.
If any of your Facebook Form fields were using a picklist, you'll want to create an identical picklist within the Integrate platform. Then assign that picklist and determine if any values should be moved to 'Disallowed' for this Source.
Please note: If Facebook is collecting information in a picklist format that doesn't correspond to the values you need passed to your MA/CRM System, you can apply a list mapper on the outbound integration. See our “Creating List Mappers” and “Applying List Mappers” articles for assistance with that.
Default Terms tab
Navigate to the Default Terms tab. These have been carried over from the default settings you set-up during the creation of your campaign.
Here you can apply a de-dupe setting using either an Email or Phone field type if present on the fields page. These should also be applied sparingly as any leads blocked as duplicates will also still be considered billable by Facebook. Therefore, it is most common to leave these off for social sources.
Navigate to the Integrations tab. This is where you will add your outbound integration to configure the exact way these leads will flow out to your MA/CRM system.
Select “Add Integration” to get started!
See the “Integrations” section of our KnowledgeBase for more details on your specific integration type and instructions for that set-up.
When you’ve completed your Integration configuration, don’t forget to save & test!
Once your Source build & testing is complete, hit "Launch" to begin accepting and passing valid leads into your MA/CRM system!
My source is live... now what?
Once you're fully up and running, lead flow will be continuous from Facebook --> Integrate --> MA/CRM system. We recommend checking in on your lead flow at least weekly by...
- Looking at your post-outs from Integrate --> MA/CRM system
- This will show you if any leads within Integrate have been unable to pass successfully to your system so you can repost them
- See our "Post Out Log Report" article for details on scheduling a weekly report to send yourself!
- Checking on your lead total alignment between all systems
- Leads are flowing from Facebook --> Integrate --> MA/CRM system so you'll want to be sure you see the same number of leads across the board
- See our "Source Report" article for details on scheduling a weekly report to send yourself!
- Then you'll want to check Facebook and your MA/CRM system to ensure they're in a alignment as well
Sync up with all involved team members to establish a workflow that works for your team!